Writing at Spring Hill.
At Spring Hill, we aim to develop pupils' abilities within an integrated programme of speaking and listening, reading and writing. Pupils will be given opportunities to interrelate the requirements of English within a broad and balanced approach to the teaching of English across the curriculum, with opportunities to consolidate and reinforce taught literacy skills.
We aim for all children to be able to:
- write with confidence, fluency and understanding, orchestrating a range of independent strategies to self-monitor and correct.
- have an interest in words and their meaning; developing a growing vocabulary in spoken and written forms.
- understand a range of text types and genres to be able to write in a variety of styles and forms appropriate to the situation.
- develop the powers of imagination, inventiveness and critical awareness.
- have a suitable technical vocabulary to articulate their responses.