At Spring Hill, we value the opinions and views of parents and are committed to working in partnership with them to improve every child's school experience and education. One way in which Spring Hill does this is through half-termly Parent Forum meetings, where parents meet with members of the school leadership team to discuss issues related to the school that will help us to improve how we do things.
Terms of Reference
The purpose of this group is consultative.
The main aims:
- To represent parent views
- To improve communication through open discussion
- To be involved in the consultation process, where relevant, in relation to changes
- To provide suggestions and feedback
- To work together to benefit the school and the community within it
- To meet once a half-term
- Deputy Headteacher / Family Liaison officer to chair the meetings and take minutes
- Other members of staff / parents / speakers may be invited to attend for a specific reason
- A quorum of 3 members must be present for the meeting to go ahead. Less than this will mean cancellation
- There is no maximum number
- Membership is open to all parents/carers and membership from all year groups is encouraged
- Parents/carers are free to choose to attend any meeting
- Governor representation is encouraged
Individual concerns/ complaints need to be addressed with the class teacher / HT (following normal school procedure) and will not be discussed at the meetings.